STILL LIFE DRAWINGS
In preparation for the next two weeks of life drawing, please execute a series of drawings, recapping the drawing techniques we’ve explored thus far.
Create a still life out of the white geometric objects given to you in class. Draw the types of drawings listed below. Execute each drawing on a separate piece of paper. You may move the objects around from one drawing to the next, or work with the same composition the entire time.
1. (5 mins) Blind contour, still life outline only
2. (5 mins) Blind contour, this time lines running around the objects AND across the objects, mapping their volumes
3. (20 mins) “Sighted” Measured Line Drawing – show guidemarks. Angles and Proportions between objects correct
4. (30 mins) “Sighted” Measured Line Drawing #2
5. (40 mins) Tone drawing showing a range of values from highlights to midtones to shadows. You may either begin with a new line drawing and add tones, or begin by applying midtone to the whole drawing, and then erasing to get highlights and darkening areas of shadow.
The drawings are due at the beginning of class Wednesday.